Thursday, August 6, 2009

June 2009 - People are in our lives for a purpose

I firmly believe people are brought into our lives for a purpose. Whether it be to bring us joy and to know God better, or to give us adversity and make us stronger, we all have a purpose.

I was talking with a friend recently and we both underestimated how much other people listen to what we say. It's the moments when we are rambling on, not paying attention to what is coming out our pie hole that some of the most inspirational moments take seed. When I had so many ideas and dreams I couldn't find direction in my life, she said, "take the first one and run with it until it pans out, then move on to the next." How true those words are and how much they have affected my life.

Our biggest mistake in life is underestimating that purpose. Selfishly focusing on ourselves robs us of the chance to bless others and be blessed ourselves. When you get out of bed in the morning, do you commit your day to the Lord? Why, or why not? Isn't He the one that made the sun shine and gave us the dawn? Fear can take that blessing away. When we go out, it is not for ourselves, it is to bless others and share the good news. Have you been blessed today? then share it. Do you have a testimony? Share it. Others need you. You need them.

1 comment:

  1. I must be one that makes people stronger... hehe

    ReplyDelete